The Experimental Education Unit (EEU) at the Haring Center is a comprehensive early childhood center, located at the University of Washington. We provide inclusive educational services for families and children with and without disabilities from birth through kindergarten, and engage in research and training. The EEU staff is committed to creating a more inclusive world by being life-long learners, celebrating diversity, focusing on children and their families, and bringing joy to our community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active supervision and engagement throughout the school day for children with and without disabilities
- Assist the head teacher with preparing and facilitating activities including:
- Small and large group instruction
- Free Choice/Centers
- Encouraging children to develop and maintain independence and self-help skills
- Participating in classroom and team meetings
- Assisting in administrative tasks including:
- Record keeping
- Student files
- IEP/IFSP paperwork
- Collecting documentation and data regarding child progress
- Participating in EEU staff training and professional development activities
- Commitment to improvement, learning new things, and teamwork
- Experience working or volunteering in an early childhood setting with diverse groups of children
- Credits in early childhood education preferred
Compensation is competitive and includes benefits through the University of Washington.
How to apply:
Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Cover letter highlighting your commitment to diversity and inclusion through your experience and teaching
- Resume including 3 contacts for academic/professional references
Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled.
More information can be found at www.haringcenter.org
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 / 206.543.6452 (tty) or email@example.com.