The Experimental Education Unit (EEU) is a comprehensive early childhood center, located at the University of Washington, providing inclusive educational services for families and children with and without disabilities from birth thrThe Experimental Education Unit (EEU) is a comprehensive early childhood center providing inclusive educational services for families and children with and without disabilities from birth through kindergarten. The Haring Center ABA Program provides ABA services for toddlers who have a diagnosis of autism and are currently enrolled in classes at the EEU.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
Work collaboratively with the classroom teacher to design instruction, implement intervention and collect data for students with autism. Including:
- Lead developmentally appropriate activities for children designed to target individual program goals
- Collect and monitor data on each student’s individual program goals
- Collaborate with classroom staff to support the needs and educational goals of each student
- Must hold a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential or be currently enrolled in an accredited program working towards becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Maintain a “problem solving” attitude
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and positive fashion
- Seek feedback and utilize suggestions to improve performance
- Experience working in a classroom setting or with children with disabilities preferred
Additional General Responsibilities include:
- Set up and clean up of activities
- Supervise children during activities and transitions
- Provide support/back-up during activities
- Engage children during activities and encourage child participation
- Model appropriate behavior and skills for children
- Request feedback from classroom staff and make appropriate changes
- Participate in training from school personnel
How to apply:
Submit (1) cover letter highlighting your commitment to diversity and inclusion through your experience and teaching, (2) resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘paraprofessional application’.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt until position is filled.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206.543.6450 / 206.543.6452 (tty) or email@example.com.